Bridget Jones's Diary

Weight: 77 kg (or approx 170 pounds if you're American)
BMI : 32

Today is the first day of the rest of the my life. As will tomorrow be, and as yesterday was. I joined a gym today. The trainer is a man with disproportionately large biceps and a friendly smile. Thankfully, there are people much worse off than me.

This is perhaps going to be a way for me to monitor my own weight and feelings regarding it during the next few months. My target is to lose 20 kilograms in six months. A hard feat, perhaps. But it is necessary.

I did cardio today. I've made a startling discovery. I'm a young adult with the knees and endurance of a much older woman. This is not meant as a compliment to myself. My muscles and knees hurt. For some reason my arms do as well.

This is probably going to be like Bridget Jones's Diary. Except without self-destructive acts such as smoking, excessive drinking, and pining over men. There are at present, no men around me. Thank god for small mercies. Instead, I'll be studying. A lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Did Saturday

Unconditionally